• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 19, 2008

Just point me toward the bed

So. Four straight days (and half the nights) of nothing but knitting that darn sweater for Dan. And today at 2:48 pm I wove in the last end. It's finished, and just in time for his birthday party tonight. Now I'll grant you, the sweater has monkey arms. And even though it's a size large, it fits me like an XXL. But I still need to soak and block it, so I can (I hope) get rid of the saggies and maybe shorten up the sleeves a bit. I just needed to go ahead and wrap it first. I know he'll appreciate it; I just hope he wears it.

As for me, I'm headachy and bleary-eyed and drained. I just want to sleep, but we'll be taking Dan to his favorite diner for dinner and watching him unwrap his gifts. Rebecca did ALL the wrapping ALL by herself. :proud: I was lucky that I didn't seem to strain any muscles in my hands, arms, or back despite the fact that I did a *lot* of knitting with very few breaks. In fact, for the past four days while the kids were at school I only stopped to eat and do a little laundry. I know it was dangerous, and I'm going to take a knitting break for the weekend. After that I have two pairs of nearly-complete socks on the needles that I want to finish before October. A group on Ravelry will be knitting (I think) the Nutkin sock in October, and I'd like to join them.

Photos of the Cobblestone sweater to follow...I'm guessing it will take several days to dry.

Comments on "Just point me toward the bed"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (6:50 AM) : 

Happy Birthday to Dan!

Congrats on finishing the sweater, can't wait to see pics? Oh wait, you aren't a scrapper anymore so does that mean you stopped taking photos? ;)

 

post a comment