• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Photos, finally.

I took a few moments to photograph my current projects and some yarn today. This is yarn I've had for a while but not yet added to my Ravelry stash, but after the plumbing bill we got today I won't be buying any new yarn for a while so I better appreciate what I've got. :)

First, here is my February Lady Sweater. I'm really crazy about how it's coming out, especially now that I have a "feel" for the lace and can see pretty quickly when I've made a mistake. It's so much easier to tink back a few stitches and fix a problem than it is to try and fix it three rows later.

The yarn is slightly darker and brighter than it looks in this photo. The color is very similar to the cardigan I made for my daughter last year, and it also happens to be knit in the round from the top down with raglan sleeves. A very easy and fun knit!

Next, I can finally share with you a "secret" project that I had hoped would be finished by now. I started a lacy scarf for my friend Pam, and despite knitting on it pretty regularly at camp I still have a long long way to go. But she's seen it and approved it, so I can share it with the world at large.

Pam's favorite colors are pink and brown, and although the colors don't separate very much in this knit she still likes it. Phew!

And finally, here are the socks that I really got tired of. The problem was that the yarn was VERY thick, and the linen stitch gets very tight on the needles because it's so dense. These will probably end up being house socks for my husband.



In other news, Pam and her boys were here for four days and got to do some pretty fun NY kinds of things. We went to the beach, where we were literally frightened for our lives due to the GIGANTIC waves and deadly undertow. Several swimmers did tragically lose their lives this weekend. Thank goodness we had hypervigilant lifeguards on duty at Robert Moses State Park, and our kids didn't want to go out far enough to be in any real risk anyway. The only thing that worried me was that the little skinny guys (Ben and Josh) might get knocked over by a wave and then pulled out. But everything was fine. We also went into the city and got to visit one of my favorite places, the Museum of Natural History. I absolutely adore the Hall of Biodiversity with its rainforest full of camoflaged creatures, and a tour guide with a flashlight helped us find some animals that we never even knew were there, including a huge gorilla! Thanks again for coming, Pam! Hope your boys are getting caught up on their sleep!

The bad news is that we had to get some plumbing work done, so there won't be much frivolous money-spending going on around here. We will need to throw Ben a birthday party soon--I can hardly believe he'll be seven!--and I think he wants a Mad Science party. But no yarn for a while, and no eating out or buying books or other unnecessary expenses. The new fixtures in the kids' bathroom sink look lovely, though. :)

Comments on "Photos, finally."

 

Blogger busyizzie said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Wondered what you had been up to. Sounds like the city was fun with Pam. Pretty sweater and scarf.
Tell me, are you going to make your dh wear peach and yellow socks?

Sorry for a bad plumbing bill. Keep knitting!

 

post a comment