• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Meanest Mom Award

Yeah, I'm a Mean Mom. Seems like every time Rebecca has a playdate, Ben ends up showing off his posterior to them. It's partly because he just likes to make people laugh (and what's funnier than a ghostly pale bum?) and partly because his sister likes to humiliate him. It's happened before, and I warned and threatened that it should never happen again. I'm furious at both of them, and yelled at them both in front of the playdate child. So, out of the pool they came and into the house. They decided to paint. On the floor of the craft room. Which is carpeted. And they had nothing under the paper. And the dog walked through the wet paint. That one will be dealt with when their father comes home. Also, there was a lot of mean talk going on in the pool, but that had something to do with the competitive nature of the playdate child so I let it go with minimal intervention. It was one of the worst playdate days we've had around here, and right now they are banned from TV and computer. When my husband comes home we will have to discuss further punishment, because I simply won't allow Ben to humiliate himself, or Rebecca to encourage it, any longer. I'm much angrier about the nakedness than I am about the paint. The paint will clean up (or rather, THE KIDS will clean the paint up) but the scars from being humiliated last a long time. She said from experience.

In happier news, we have scheduled a Mad Science party for Ben's 7th. He loves that kind of stuff. I can't wait! It's a small guest list, but I actually prefer that since it's at our house.

Knitting on the February Lady Sweater continues. I'd like it to be slightly long, so I'll probably be working on the body for a good while longer. I would like to finish before the end of August, though, so I can get my husband's sweater going and done before the cold weather arrives.

Comments on "Meanest Mom Award"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (8:03 PM) : 

Hmmm, wonder if they learned some of that bad behavior from MY kids? ;)

Sorry about the paint and the pool antics.

 

Blogger Sonya said ... (9:41 PM) : 

You may have won today. But tomorrow is will be one of us.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Hmm.. Teaching your children right from wrong, and showing concern for their well being. Gosh, you're right!! How terrible!! I wish there were more parents like you, speaking as a teacher. Keep up the good work!

 

post a comment